Michigan Music Association Scholarships and Poem/Cover Submissions
Michigan Music Association offers two annual scholarships that cover competition expenses for participating students. One will be awarded to a student between Kindergarten and Grade 6, and the second will go to a student between grades 7-12. Winners will receive 2 nights in the hotel, as well as all entry fees paid and one ticket to the Awards Banquet on Sunday. The entries will be reviewed and the recipients selected by a scholarship committee. Poem/Cover submissions can be uploaded here as well.
Entries should be attached below using upload Files
All entries must be received by: October 1, 2023
Your entry must be submitted as a Word document and should include the following:
- How long you have been taking lessons
- Other extra curricular activities you are involved in
- A short essay addressing ONE of the following topics:
1. Do you plan on using music in your future? And in what ways?
2. Who has been your inspiration in music and why?
3. What are the positive experiences you have when attending MMA in the past, that have made a lasting impression on you?
4. If you were to become a music teacher or performer in the future, what aspects would you take with you from your experiences?
5. What Does the Michigan Music Association mean to you?
Your entry must be submitted as a Word document and should be limited to one page in length.
Cover Contest Requirements:
Your entry may be submitted as a Word document or PDF and must include the following in your design:
- Michigan Music Association
- February 17-19 2023
- Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids MI
Also keep in mind that MMA includes a variety of musicians/instruments!
The winners will be posted on the website on October 14th, 2022