Michigan Music Association Scholarships and Poem/Cover Submissions
Michigan Music Association offers two annual scholarships that cover competition expenses for participating students. One will be awarded to a student between Kindergarten and Grade 6, and the second will go to a student between grades 7-12. Winners will receive 2 nights in the hotel, as well as all entry fees paid and one ticket to the Awards Banquet on Sunday. The entries will be reviewed and the recipients selected by a scholarship committee. Poem/Cover submissions can be uploaded here as well.
Entries should be attached below using upload Files
All entries must be received by: October 2, 2022
Your entry must be submitted as a Word document and should include the following:
- How long you have been taking lessons
- Other extra curricular activities you are involved in
- A short essay addressing ONE of the following topics:
1. How do you plan to use music in your future?
2. Who has been your inspiration in music?
3. What are the benefits of singing?
4. Is music a universal language?
5. What Does the Michigan Music Association mean to you?
Your entry must be submitted as a Word document and should be limited to one page in length.
Cover Contest Requirements:
Your entry may be submitted as a Word document or PDF and must include the following in your design:
- Michigan Music Association
- February 17-19 2023
- Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids MI
Also keep in mind that MMA includes a variety of musicians/instruments!
The winners will be posted on the website on October 14th, 2022